Condensation (fogging) in double-pane window

I have a sliding double-pane window in my bedroom that is fogged up from condensation between the panes. I am reading that I can either replace the whole window, have the glass replaced, or try a new treatment that removes the condensation. Now sure which one I will go with although it is cheapest to just have the condensation removed. Anyway, I am having trouble getting the sliding window off. It doesn't just lift out as I expected. And I don't see any screws to loosen on the side panels. Any ideas? Thanks.

Reply to
tenplay

Normallly they lift out by sliding 1/2 way open. I have the same problem, seems the framing has swelled/shifted/something enough that it won't clear the track. Same on a patio slider - took 2 guys from the window company and me to force it enough to get it out of the track.

If you have the glass replaced, the window company will do the job at your house.

I have never heard of removing the condensation other than from obvious snake oil sites. To be successful, after the removal then the broken portion of the seal has to be resealed somehow.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K