Compressor reed valves

More on the continuing saga of the inherited compressor........

Finally managed to track down an exploded view of the compressor and found out that I am missing a couple of reed valves........now I know I can buy them, but am wondering if I can just make a couple.

From what I understand they usually are comprised of spring steel, so todays questions are:

Typical steel gauge? Are they a flat unit or do they have curvature to their shape?

Any thoughts on this topic would be much appreciated....thanks. :-)

Reply to
propman

Let me guess. The Amazing Swami will attempt to discern. Concentrate with me. Look at the cards. Three of hearts. King of diamonds. The next one will be the indication. Five of spades. There it is!

You are a retired engineer?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Just use some feeler gage pieces out of a feeler gage set. The type that you check points on car or lawn mower of the early days of point and condenser ign systems.. I have done this before and it works perfect.

Reply to
claudebetts

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@h54g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Cool....will have to remember this tip. I finally decided to go ahead and cut some out of galvanised sheet steel I kicking around here.....worked like a charm. I think though to be on the safe side I will still order the manufacturers replacement parts.

Thanks for the tip....much appreciated! :-)

Reply to
propman