Central heating isolating valves

I intend replacing some radiators downstairs, system has a combi boiler and the recomendations are not to use the domestic water unless a radiator or heat loss loop is conneted to the central heating side.

As I am only going to work on the downstairs my thoughts were to fit a couple of 15mm isolating valves. This would allow me to carry out the work ovwer a couple of weeks on an evening

What type should I use

Are the ones you turn with a screwdriver that are installed near taps and wc feeds suitable for constant hot water (central heating) or should I use the screw down ones with a knob on, aren't they called gate valves

Any advice appreciated

Reply to
Steve Walford

Get full bore quarter turn valves. You can leave then in when you have finished as they won't block the water flow.

Reply to
EricP