Compare these pressure washers

Take a look at the two 13HP pressure washers here. What's the difference? Both are commercial grade pumps, but one is a "General" brand, and one is a "Commercial Grade" brand. (Is this right?)

The 3900 comes with a 75' hose, the other one a 50'. Is this the only difference?

Also, have they stopped selling the hose-reel that used to fit on the top?

Reply to
dean

Looks like the one is generic, unbranded pump while the other is a branded General Pump pump with the same performance spec's. Whether they're the same pump but one is unbranded or it is a Chinese knockoff, no way to tell from data supplied. One _might_ have a better chance of parts, etc., down the road w/ the branded one -- w/ an unbranded pump, one would be w/ DeWalt as only recourse, probably.

Other than a minimal difference in accessories and the pump difference, it seems they're pretty near equivalent. Why there's such a close overlap I have no idea. If there's a significant price difference w/ the branded pump, I'd be suspicious for more than casual home use.

No idea, but I didn't know they used to... :) Would assume there's a "Contact us" form on the web site or an 800 number?

Reply to
dpb

Appears the "commercial grade" is actually unbranded whereas the "General" is apparently from General Pump

Whether the one is an unbranded version of the other is indeterminate. Possibly there would be support/service from the OEM in the branded case whereas otherwise you probably would be stuck w/ DeWalt or nothing. Whether that would eventually be a problem or not is anybody's guess...

Other than minor accessories, that seems to be the difference.

As for the hose reel, not knowing they "used to", I have no idea... :) I presume there's a "contact us" or 800 number posted on the web site for such questions (but I didn't look)...

Reply to
dpb

Yep, sounds right to me. The machines are identical except for the pump itself in case you have the dough for an upgrade or have already worn out the cheaper one. Don't know about the rest. The coolest pressure washers will also heat your water. A real blessing if you are in the north country. Like this maybe:

Lawrence