Clamp on multimeter question....

the marked watt ratings on the device is likely more accurate than a clamp on amp meter.

quiet time at nite by using a inverter on your car for a couple of CF lights is a great thing.

if your really into getting a generator, buy 2:)

a large run everything high capacity one and a small 1000 watt quiet light weight fuel thrifty one.

my small generator gets used often, so does my 1000 watt inverter.

my 4000 watt generator has run once in the last 5 years

Reply to
hallerb

If they charge more when running a generator they get arrested for price gouging. If they don't, they lose the cost of the generator ;(

nick hull

Some idiot in the legislature has decreed that people are not allowed to charge more during times of emergency. As a result, there is no profit motive to buy a generator, or drive to work when it's an ice storm. This is yet one more example of your government making your life miserable with regulations they declare are for "fairness". Now, somehow we have a President whose campaign was based on change, hope, and fairness. Please expect a LOT more outages, shortages, and unemployment and misery. Oh, and it will all be sold under "fairness".

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Hey Stormy Mormy dint you jus say on another group to go back to old fashioned ways and here you r puttin a generator to your gas pump? I thought you could live without all this modern stuff? Huh? Makes no cents.

-Cappy

-You can't shout down a =3D>troll Wonder why the gas station owners havn't figured how to wire

Reply to
Cappy

What are you talking about? If you put a multimeter set for AC volts across the hot and nutral you'll get 120 v. If you put it across the red and black, you'll get 240 v. Wher u gettin this info? -Cappy

Reply to
Cappy

I'm talking about reading amperage with a clamp on ammeter.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon