DTV Transition - The End of Civilization !

DTV Transition - The End of Civilization !

On February 17, 2009, they say we are going to lose our analog tv signals and all tv's connected to an aerial must have a converter or the screen will go blank. The real truth of this matter is far more devastating than anyone could have imagined.

To begin, since the dawn of television, there have been more murders on the tube than there have been in all of actual recorded history. Now, we will pay for all this violence on television. On February 17, our televisions are going to begin attacking people, and killing them. This is not a joke. All TV sets made since the 1950's all contain capacitors that when shocked, will explode just like a bullet, and they can and do kill people and other living creatures. On this date in February, these devices are going to receive the necessary shock to begin firing ammunition capable of killing. It is estimated that well over 50% of the population in the United States will be shot and killed instantly by their tv sets.

If this is not enough, there will be a backlash which is going to affect all those who survive. As these electronic components explode, they are going to place a huge overload on all electric utility companies, which will literally melt all wiring strung across utility poles throughout the entire country. Pole transformers will burst into flames, and in the end, this will anhilate all electrical generation equipment.

If this is not enough, every home and other structure which has electrical wiring connected to the electrical grid, will burst into flames within minutes as the changeover occurs. With every structure throughout America in flames, as well as the fire department buildings meant to service these homes, all of America will be left homeless, and all factories, stores, gas stations, government buildings, and every other structure will be gone.

In the end, few will survive. We as a civilization will be tossed back several hundred years. We will be forced to go back to living in caves or crude cabins and tents. Food will only be what we can grow with hand tools or hunt with spears and axes. Our only means of transportation will be horses, cattle, oxen, and other beasts.

On February 17, 2009, our entire way of life will change. Only the strong and those with survival skills will survive. It's estimated that close to 75% of the U.S. population will be dead within 24 hours after this so called "DTV Transition". Many more will die within the following week. Are you prepared?

However, you CAN survive, but you must begin now. Utmost and foremost, get rid of all televisions. Get them as far away from your home and family as possible, and do so now. Next, you must disconnect from the electrical grid immediately. Have your electrical supplier disconnect your home, and if there are overhead wires or transformers near your house, have them removed. An exploding pole transformer can shoot flames and burning oil quite a distance. You do not want these near your home or your family. Also, remove all flammables from your premises and empty the gas tanks on vehicles. Stock up on as much food, medicine, and other needs immediately, and place them in fireproof vaults. Then, learn survival skills and first aid. There will be no one to help you. No hospitals, no police, no fire department, no government programs to help us, no phones, no internet, no heating fuel, no 911 services or paramedics. You'll be on your own.

Another thing you can do, in case your home burns, is to set up an old car or van for a shelter. First, get this vehicle far away from any house or other building, as we well as away from all electrical wires. It's best to put it out in the woods, where there is an adequate supply of firewood for heat, and far away from modern structures. Of course, be aware that as homes burn, woods may also burn. Thus, it's best to find a secluded "island woods", isolated from structures that will likely burn. In other words, find a wooded area which will not be set ablaze. Place this vehicle in a location where it's blocked by winds. Remove all gasoline, and all electronic components that contain capacitors, such as the radio, electronic ignition, distributor, and any other electronic devices. Also disconnect the battery cables. Stock this vehicle with food which will not freeze if you are in a cold climate, (which many people are in February). Be sure to be prepared to cope with medical problems, and have materials for fire starting. A small woodstove and approved safe chimney may be your only source of heat for that vehicle. Don't forget bedding, warm clothing, toilet paper, and other needs.

We only have about three weeks left before we are sent back to the dark ages, with no machines, no stores, and no services. Prepare NOW.

Tell everyone you know about this, and be sure to give them all the details if you want them to survive. If you want to survive this devastation, you MUST Prepare NOW.

You can learn basic survival skills on websites such as:

And First Aid here:
And others....

Good Luck !

Reply to
DTV-Warnings

But that is not true. Millions of TVs are digital ready

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

The rest of the stuff in the posting and *THIS* is what you decide to argue? (Grin)

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Millions are ready but do not know it. How many converter boxes sold and the customer does not need it? How many tax dollars wasted on used but not needed coupons? I think the announcements are deceiving. They say if you are using rabbit ears or an antenna (which I am), then you need a converter box. I use an antenna for my PC Hauppenpauge tuner card, so that would mean I need a converter box!? There should be a temporary digital test channel that says "If you can read this, you don't need a converter box." It doesn't have to be a channel, but maybe the local channels can put up a test commercial or specific test dates/times. Is the government bailing out our TVs too?

Reply to
Phisherman

Beyond that, if people start watching less mindless TV and do some reading, hobby projects and other educational activities, even shocking stuff like family activities with their kids, then perhaps civilization might actually recover from it's current tidy bowl swirl.

Reply to
Pete C.

"Pete C." wrote in news:4981be80$0$30053$ snipped-for-privacy@unlimited.usenetmonster.com:

You claim that WITHDRAWAL from communication is a good thing?

TV is NOT all "mindless". I watched a really good show on skunks the other day,very informative and entertaining. I enjoy several nature programs on PBS. Then there's History Detectives,NOVA,and other shows.

In all walks of life,one has to learn to be selective and discriminating,separating good from bad,Grasshopper. ;-)

(how profound!) 8-)

Reply to
Jim Yanik

and there's all those low-power and translator stations that aren't affected.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

As far as mindless goes, I'd put Propaganda Broadcast Service up at the top of the list.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

NO, there are a few worthwhile programs. I especially like some of the British comedies, like Keeping Up Appearances. We all know someone like Hyacinth Bucket.

Reply to
hrhofmann

On 1/29/2009 1:56 AM snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com spake thus:

Ah, I'm already aware of this and am one step ahead of you.

I had an interocitor circuit installed in my TV that protects me from just this scenario. So while everyone else is getting zapped I'll be watching The Simpsons and laughing.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

On 1/29/2009 6:35 AM Pete C. spake thus:

So you're replying to this message as if it's *serious*?

I swear, some folks here are seriously humor-impaired.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

TV is one way and the content is mostly crap.

99.95% mindless. That 0.05% that isn't won't occupy much viewing time.
Reply to
Pete C.

They are. Around here, all the stations do it at the same time, about

2-3 times a week for last month at least. Usually during morning, noon, or evening newscasts, but there have been a couple during prime time. Lots and lots of promos about when to tune in. OTA analog gets a red box on screen, OTA digital or the feed they send to cable/satt gets a green box.

There are a whole lotta people out there to whom TV signal plumbing is PFM. I visited my 80-something year old father a month or so back, and had to install his converters for him. And he's no dummy, uses a computer (that I set up), and everything. This stuff is just totally outside his universe. People on Usenet are NOT a good sample, even the ones getting in from Google. The mere fact that we are on here puts us at least in the quasi-geek category.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

"Jon Danniken" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

sounds like a mindless opinion to me.Biased,ignores evidence of good shows like Nature,NOVA,History Detectives,Wild America,etc.

sure,PBS airs a lot of leftist propaganda shows,but also a lot of good stuff(good to me,at least).

Reply to
Jim Yanik

"Pete C." wrote in news:4981fef3$0$30069$ snipped-for-privacy@unlimited.usenetmonster.com:

Communication CAN be "one way". It's called "reception",or LISTENING. Information is received,and hopefully,processed,considered. But one has to listen,first.

In all walks of life,one has to learn to be selective and discriminating;separating good from bad,Grasshopper. ;-)

It's also not wise to eliminate the good along with the bad.

So,they make program schedules so you can be selective.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Yeah, but when some idiot start out with the first sentence or two being totally wrong, I don't read the rest.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

YET...

-- larry / dallas