Christmas tree won't drink water

Copper is poison to plants...

Want to kill a tree? Drive a few pennies into it with a hammer.

Reply to
Noozer
1/2 sprite solution with 1/2 water to keep it alive longer, if it indeed starts to take up water. Copper pennies???

Reply to
gary

Use and IV?

Reply to
gary

Xylem and Phloem Cells, boy that takes me back..

Reply to
gary

Just cut the bottom at a slight angle.

Reply to
larrybud2002

You must have missed something. We're talking about an already cut tree. Amd why use pennies when you have a chain saw?

zemedelec

Reply to
Zemedelec

I don't like needles, can't you just feed them salty peanuts and popcorn? It works at bars to get the people drinking more.

later and Merry Christmas All!

tom @

newsgroups01REMOVEME

I've heard this too, it gives more surface area for contact with the water. Makes sense, right?

later,

tom @

newsgroups01REMOVEME

Why not pray to Jeeesis to save the tree?? After all, it's a living thing which was cut down for the purpose of dying in your living room to celebrate his birth......

eq

Reply to
equalizer

Actually, it's more likely a monument to your sexual capacity. Dead from the root, with the balls only a decoration.

Reply to
Michael Baugh

Direct hit!!! Wow I pissed you off big time with the truth, eh?!? Go off and lick yer wounds!!!

eq

Reply to
equalizer

I'm sorry, but your posts no longer have any validity until you fully fill out and post the essay quiz which was presented to you.....

Reply to
Michael Baugh

Total and complete lack of originality in posting (as well as use of Outlook Express) noted.

Thanks for playing!!!

.d8888b. 8888888b. d8888 888b 888 888 d8P 888 d88P Y88b 888 Y88b d88888 8888b 888 888 d8P 888 Y88b. 888 888 d88P888 88888b 888 888 d8P 888 "Y888b. 888 d88P d88P 888 888Y88b 888 888d88K 888 "Y88b. 8888888P" d88P 888 888 Y88b888 8888888b 888 "888 888 d88P 888 888 Y88888 888 Y88b Y8P Y88b d88P 888 d8888888888 888 Y8888 888 Y88b " "Y8888P" 888 d88P 888 888 Y888 888 Y88b 888

Reply to
equalize

And also, the essay quiz was posted to the burden of Christians, who need to prove their faith to the rest of us. We who don't follow it's principles have no need or obligation to prove the tenets of Christianity (duh!). Unfortunately, this is too big of a concept for you right now. Please work a little harder on your GED and come back when you're ready.

eq

Reply to
equalize

Guess I can see why you're concerned about the GED. A reminder before your next class- the word "it's" is the contraction for "it is".

Reply to
Michael Baugh

I put that in specifically because I wanted you to pick up and run with it. People always resort to spelling/grammar lames when they've hideously lost an argument and have nothing left.

Thanks for proving my point!!!!!

Spank claimed again.......

eq

Reply to
equalize

Maybe today, but the tree was orginally brought into the house this time of year to welcome woodland spirts of life into your home during the death of winter.

The christmas tree was added to the 25th of December over time and tradition, nothing to do with the birth of Christ.

Just saying.....

tom @

newsgroups01REMOVEME

Roots, balls, and licking, is this the right newsgroup?

:-P

later,

tom @

newsgroups01REMOVEME

oxymoron, faith is generally a belief not based on proof, so nothing to prove.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

later,

tom @

newsgroups01REMOVEME

replying to Finite Guy, David wrote: Mine won't drink water either.

I looked online and it said that when a tree is cut at it's base the sap at the base dries and hardens, preventing water and sap loss from the tree. It also said that the sap can take up to 6 hours to harden at the cut.

My tree was cut and i brought it home and put it in the garage on its side over night before setting it up the next morning. I think mine is beyond saving. This was the first time it's happened to me in maybe 10 Christmas tree preps. Guess I should have been quicker on the drawer.

Reply to
David