Christmas display

Link below is a facebook page < you needn't be logged in to FB >

of a guy in Quebec who does the fancy Christmas light display - - in one video ~ 7 minutes he gives a tour of the technical aspects - quite something !

John T.

Reply to
hubops

I put a wreath on the door. Much less complex.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

And energy efficient. I have one of those little ceramic trees with a light bulb in it. No clue how old it is. My parents had it and it might've been a hand me down to them.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

This year I've added a few colour-changing LED bulbs - screwed into my 2 outside garage fixtures and the back deck fixture - turn them on/off with the indoor switches. My 2 strings of led lights stay on from early Dec. to early Jan. ..plus a wreath on the door :-) John T.

Reply to
hubops

I should look for a lighted cross to stick in the window. That's what it's ultimately about. Maybe there will be an after Christmas sale.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

It's about salvation. John 15:13 ?Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one?s life for one?s friends.? A soldier dives on a hand grenade to save his friends. He stays behind to keep the enemy away while his buddies escape. Firemen climbed steps of the Twin Towers on 9-11. Cops take on armed men to save civilians. Those are the ultimate gifts.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

That is true. The cross is an Easter symbol, not Christmas.

Reply to
gfretwell

I was flipping through the channels one day and happened across a preacher who was talking about the significance of the presents the Wise Men brought. Gold might be the most obvious. It's valuable and something one would give a king. It's the symbol of highest respect. Frankincense was used in the temple for worship. Myrrh was used for several things. One of those was to prepare the body for burial.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman