Chimney crown repair

Has anyone used the DEFY Chimney crown repair that is painted on with a brush?

If so what was your impression - a good product?

Thanks

Reply to
ole

Do not know about this specific product but chimney guy used something like this to seal my chimney crown. What he used looked thicker and I think it was troweled on but also did not need added curing agent and did not smell of organic solvents. If your chimney crown is cracking up like mine was, I would try it. Frank

Reply to
Frank

I believe that is what my sweep used. It was a light substance that he brushed on. It worked OK on the crown. So far so good and it stopped the water. And the chimney pillow he came back and installed in the flue stopped the draft. Two problems and two solutions solved.

Reply to
German Jerry