Charger MOS

I have about twenty multiple outlet strips. You know, the things that have substituted for gang extension cords.

I need to set up a charging rack for all my portable radios, cell phones, and various other things that need charging.

Those outlets are too close together to use all of the outlets on one strip. With a charger pod, you can only use about every other one on some types of chargers. Some chargers are thin, and will use every plug. I saw one in the catalog on the plane the other day that comes with several short extensions from the strip so you can plug in all the chargers, but then you end up with a bigger bird's nest of wire.

Does anyone make these that have the plugs spaced wider apart for chargers? If they do, I haven't seen any yet.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Google power strip transformer and you'll get some hits. They're becoming much more common - any good office supply or computer store should have some.

RicodJour

Reply to
Bennett Price

They also make short "liberators" with two or three recepticals on short cords emanating from one plug:

They allow you to dangle a number of wallwarts from a single outlet.

Someone here will probably warn about the fire hazards of letting a wallwart lie on a carpeted floor. I suppose that could be true if something shorted out and overloaded it, but thus far I've never felt a wallwart in use get hot enough to not comfortably hold in my hand, nor have I seen any code directives against using those "splitters".

I'm not too old to learn however.....

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

under my desk was a mess:(

I found a cheap effective solution:)

Bought a bunch of 6 foot cheap extesion light cords, and replacement plugs.

cut the receptable end to about a foot and tossed the plug end with unnecessary cord.

installed replacement plugs on the new short cords.

with the 2 sided receptables from light cords, each will hold 2 power adapters, so one power strip will hold 12:)

government should require some changes, all that mess must cause a occasional fire.

Reply to
hallerb

has what you need. Lots of other places, too, just can't think of any right now.

Reply to
Pop

I have a mulit outlet that was made for wall warts. It has 2 rows of 3 outlets and is about 3 times as wide as a standard multi outlet strip. It can take 6 wall warts and has right angle plug. look for them at computer/electronic or office supply type stores. Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Ricks