chain saw oiler

Chain saw oiler not oiling chain. Is oiler repairable or is it better to buy new oiler. Poulan model 1975 chain saw

Reply to
Frank Thompson

On 3/2/2014 7:51 AM, Frank Thompson wrote: > Chain saw oiler not oiling chain. Is oiler repairable or is it better to buy new oiler. Poulan model 1975 chain saw >

Might have some dried out oil, or speck of wood chip or sawdust. I'd take it apart and clean it out with some kind of solvent.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Take apart, and blow out with air, and push pipe cleaners through. That usually does it for me. Pitch can accumulate in there when saw is hot and melts pitch. Then saw cools

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Probably you have got some wood chips in the oil tank. System needs a clean out.

Reply to
harryagain