chain saw case

Got a Craftsman electric chain saw with 16" bar.

Anyone know if I can use a gas chainsaw case for 16" bar models (different brands) to fit the Craftsman electric? I can find used gas chain saw cases (not where I am), but none for electric chain saws.

Just wondering what the chances are that if I put the electric saw in a gas chain saw case, then put some rags or dunnage of some kind in with, that it'll work out OK.

Reply to
RB

Sure, why not. It is just a box.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

NO NO NO!!! Never put an electric chain saw in a gas saw case!! NeVER! You'll ruin it, it'll turn to dust, it'll get contaminated by the VOC left in the case by the gas saw. WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?

On second thought, it'll probably be ok. Go ahead if you feel like it.

8-)

Steve

41N
Reply to
Steve IA

}}} NO NO NO!!! Never put an electric chain saw in a gas saw case!! NeVER! You'll ruin it, it'll turn to dust, it'll get contaminated by the VOC left in the case by the gas saw. WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? {{{

Ha! Guess I'll risk it.........LOL

Reply to
RB

You gonna file a notch in the edge of the clamshell to let the cord hang out?

Seriously, it sounds like it oughta work just fine. I'd be tempted to put down some rags, etc, to soak up any bar oil in there. In my saw case, I put down some paper napkins, but they soaked up and filled with oil in a hurry. Got to put some dry napkins in, someday.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'm wondering how you are going to store your electricity and oil mixture. Would you get a nonconductive gascan?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon