Central Air v. Window-unit Air?

Odd that no real info is given other than, 'I was in Honolulu', 'Alaska approx 1981', 'lobster boats' .

Hell, I was in Honolulu and saw an alien who looked like an alaskan lobster. A ship blew up and sank. Investors ran. I was kinda drunk at the time, so my memory might not be as precise as Phil's.

Reply to
tm

I saw a 300 room hotel built with water source heat pumps above solid sheet rock ceilings,, no return air even.

Phil Scott

Reply to
Phil Scott

He's a major presence on the HVAC newsgroup and has been around for years...do homework before making disparagements.

I suspect he was working on AC when it involved lumps of ice and slaves with large palm leaf fans.... :)

He's a curmudgeon but I do believe he knows whereof he speaks and you would do well to listen to him.

Jim P.

Reply to
nobody

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message news:Ix%Le.17392$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.nyroc.rr.com...

And as a professional, a true professional, not some wannabe HVAC guy like you that also turns locks for a living, I prefer not to have your kind in the trade. Either get your training, like most of us did in here, or get out. This is not the place for you to try to learn about things that you dont understand. There is nothing evil about someone striving for perfection, as you should know, even if you ARE a member of a cult. There is nothing evil about telling you that you are a fool, that you are dangerous, and that you have no right, nor the expertise to be giving anyone anywhere any advice on HVAC work of anysort. But I guess its ok to steal from drunk women right? YOUR words Chris, not mine..you yourself admitted to stealing $100 from that drunk woman that the state trooper brought home..in itself hard to believe, but you posted it.... YOU posted that you put an old capacitor that you didnt even know the rating on, on a "customers" unit to get it running, and you yourself posted that you dont know how to properly wire a contactor to insure that the crankcase heater works properly. You dont know, according to your words, how to check subcool, or superheat. You, by your own words, do not own the proper tools to service, or take proper readings to insure a customers unit is working properly. You are, by your own words, a gas and go kinda guy....in other words, a hack. Yout got Satan, you got him standing right beside you, and as a Moron...err..Mormon, you should know its a daily battle there, but I doubt you would understand that, since your previous postings that are full of p*rn references, and liebelious statements show that you have a "Mormon as you need to be" attitude. And your last posting in here, the one that states that we are here to teach you, or you will continue to go out and cause harm to others..said loads about you. You dont care. Thats all I need to know to know you. Respect is something you will never have from me, nor any other legitimate tech, or owner in here. Thankfully, Jan 1st, 2006, your kind will start to fall to the wayside, as the lawsuits start rolling in against you guys that cant understand, or wont get the training, simple as it is, for 13SEER and higher units. You will be out there slapping 13SEER condensors on old 10 SEER coils and when the issues start, so will the lawsuits. I cant wait till you get a R410a unit, again, something by your own admission, you know nothing about..and you dont know what the pink decal is for. I dare to bet that in 5 years, you still will not be 410 certified and still wont have a clue...I mean, you still dont have a clue about 22 units, and yet, here you are, giving advice, wrong, and dangerous. You are a hack plain and simple..your idea of electrical is downright scary. Every time you take money for a job you do, you have screwed your so called customer, or should I say, test subject.

Reply to
Carolina Breeze HVAC

Thanks for the counsell. However, I don't listen to anyone who is crude, foul mouthed, and vicious in his attacks against others. My life is influenced for good or for evil by the people I associate. And, evil influences I do not need. I remember hearing years ago that the Devil can quote scripture, but that doesn't mean I want Satan in my life.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Carolina Breeze HVAC posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

Do you honestly think this will stop him? He is probably judgement proof. He probably has no kind of insurance; as he seems to have no kind of conscience. Would you want his Pinto wagon after he destroys your house?

Reply to
Tekkie®

I don't find any loud mouth abusive types that ever know their business. Such behavior seems to be a cover for incompetence and worse.

Truly competent people are calm and decent and self respecting... and they respect others in error not. thats just how it is.

When I was younger I was a semi pro motorcycle racer, dirt ovals, the half mile and mile tracks on the west coast, and a little road racing and motocross. Thats one hell of a dangerous sport. ( Ran a 500cc triumph in those days, bultaco's, a 450 husqvarna, and a 360 yamaha that I won the open class on at the 1972 Wilseville Hare and Hound (400 riders some from europe run that event every year... today I run a 600cc ATK / rotax.)

Every race sees at least one ambulance or chopper run to the hospital.. some tracks, such as Lodi Cycle bowl (where I still run the less competitive senior class) ends up killing one or two people a year.

Without exception the winners, the guys who slide it sideways into the turns at 130 mph are polite decent people... there are not that many loud mouth idiots at a race track.. ... the few abusive types that do show can be counted on to get lapped a few times and they almost always run junk.

It seems personal accomplishment and pride go together.. the guy looks sharp, runs primo equipment, wins, respects himself... and that carries over to how he treats others.

On Alt.HVAC I must say I had not run into as much ignorant abuse in my life. ..and mostly from guys doing appliances.. the lowest end of the business. Not a surprise. Too bad it gets spammed onto other NG's.

Phil Scott

Reply to
Phil Scott

I think it is the freon that affects HVAC people's brain. Look at the hole it put in the ozone! Now, imagine a hole of that relative size in their heads. You can look through their ears and see daylight on the other side.

Except Turtle. If you read at all, you know Turtle is one of the good guys. He may need a little polishing, but he's a gem in the rough. If you think otherwise, go get checked for holes in your brain.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Too funny--esp. coming from the guy that called me a liar and a lout, then invited me to a fistfight but yet was too f****ng chickenshit to post his address.

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

"Phil Scott" wrote

Hey! Somebody has to do it!

F*ck You and your family too!!!!!

;-]

Reply to
The Maytag Repairman

"Phil Scott" wrote in message news:dds9d0$gn0$ snipped-for-privacy@news.tdl.com... : : wrote in message : news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com... : > On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 00:24:21 GMT, "Stormin Mormon" : > wrote: : >

: >>Wonder if he's really a HVAC guy? Might be a teenage bag boy : >>at Krogers? : >

: >

: >

: > He's a major presence on the HVAC newsgroup and has been : > around for : > years...do homework before making disparagements. : >

: > I suspect he was working on AC when it involved lumps of ice : > and : > slaves with large palm leaf fans.... :) : >

: > He's a curmudgeon but I do believe he knows whereof he : > speaks and you : > would do well to listen to him. : >

: > Jim P. : : I don't find any loud mouth abusive types that ever know their : business. Such behavior seems to be a cover for incompetence : and worse. : : Truly competent people are calm and decent and self : respecting... and they respect others in error not. thats : just how it is. : : When I was younger I was a semi pro motorcycle racer, dirt : ovals, the half mile and mile tracks on the west coast, and a : little road racing and motocross. Thats one hell of a : dangerous sport. ( Ran a 500cc triumph in those days, : bultaco's, a 450 husqvarna, and a 360 yamaha that I won the : open class on at the 1972 Wilseville Hare and Hound (400 : riders some from europe run that event every year... today I : run a 600cc ATK / rotax.) : : : : Every race sees at least one ambulance or chopper run to the : hospital.. some tracks, such as Lodi Cycle bowl (where I still : run the less competitive senior class) ends up killing one or : two people a year. : : Without exception the winners, the guys who slide it sideways : into the turns at 130 mph are polite decent people... there : are not that many loud mouth idiots at a race track.. ... the : few abusive types that do show can be counted on to get : lapped a few times and they almost always run junk. : : It seems personal accomplishment and pride go together.. the : guy looks sharp, runs primo equipment, wins, respects : himself... and that carries over to how he treats others. : : : : On Alt.HVAC I must say I had not run into as much ignorant : abuse in my life. ..and mostly from guys doing appliances.. : the lowest end of the business. Not a surprise. Too bad it : gets spammed onto other NG's. : : : Phil Scott : : : : : It's best to just ignore them and leave them swinging in the breeze. They feed on hate & discontent so ignoring them starves them to death.

I sort of "study" this type of socalled human being and at the moment this group has two sets of mongers at work. One is from the group as mentioned and the other are a roving group of real despots who literally feed, even thrive on hate and discontent. When they get the proper bites to their spew, and I'm happy to see this group isn't allowing it, they move in with greater numbers, their goal being to crash the group to no longer being usable. That happens when folks let them get to them. Just ignore them, keep your thick skins on, and no matter how long they stick around, their efforts will be futile. This group is doing well, but there are too many people responding to them, myself included on occasion when I know who they are and they know I know them. I usually only do that when they leave an opening where I know I'll piss them off because I have learned what irritates th em. Ymmv, and I wouldn't advise following my lead. I've violated an important ethic; ignore trolls and intentional idiots.

Pop

Reply to
Pop

That's your problem. Stop trying to do what you haven't the tools for.

Look at the hole

Have you seen it? I can photoshop one up for you. Or reverse a thermal image and "prove" whatever bullshit I want an idiot like you to believe. Oh I see you're been gotten to already lol

Now, imagine a hole of that relative size in their

weasel loves ones like you. He doesn't have to kiss you or roll you in flour. I think Barnum under estimated the number of you.

Reply to
bill

Where do you think all the TV repairmen went?

John

Reply to
john

Wondering just who in the f*ck exactly are you talking about.....you left absulutely no attributes in your post.......

For all I know it could be Jesus or could be Beelzebub...all I know is that from my vantage point your apparently simply another blithering idiot.

Please try and at least lay off the bottle if your gonna post to usenet.

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

he has given good advice i believe. i have used his examples to ask questions to my service company on my system. they sometimes looked surprised that asked those questions. and they answered them and they did not say i was wrong.

Reply to
jdk

Ah, but did you word it in the true Steve fasion?

What the (&( do you *&((& think you are *&^*7 doing, with that ^(&*(& reccomendation. You are a bunch of *&^*(^ hacks, and deserve to be dipped in

*^*(&^&* oil and set on fire, you &&^% worthless piece of &^%&%^ get off my )*)))(&*^^* step before I &^*(^* your ass with a &%&*%&!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It really isn't a fair test of a Kroger boy's wisdom unless you capture all the nuances. I mean, if you just ask if they included a filter drier near the TXV, that takes all the personalized character out of the query.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

This is boB

You need to look at someplace other than Oakdale. We got a unit only for our 1985 SF home and it was $5K. That was the CHEAPEST. This was 7 years ago. Our property value has gone up 40% here as well. Can Oakdale boast that? If you want to make some money, come to FL.

Reply to
htimS boB

As will I......

So only question left then is who is it that's buying this time ???

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT