Central Air v. Window-unit Air?

No it's not. What thrills you about modern steels used at low temperatures? It's an everyday occurance. Don't be so afraid.

JTMcC.

Reply to
JTMcC

Wonder if he's really a HVAC guy? Might be a teenage bag boy at Krogers?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Aint a rookie boy.

So, what do you classify yourself as son? A crook, or a guy that f***ed the system and got away with it? Hey man..your words..not mine.

Funny...if you had talked to your buddy Nooner, as you claim to have, he would state that I DO feel sorry for you. I just hate hacks..you sir..ARE a hack. Period. Your own admission proves it.

LOL.. If I can keep up like this..I will stay a nobody... You wanna retire at 55...I aint hit 40 yet, and I could tomorrow....and not from screwing over customers. But hey....you keep putting in $200 Goodman units for $2500.

So wrong. Just pissed off that your system isnt this fast or nice. Did you ever figure out how hyperthreading works?

Reply to
Carolina Breeze HVAC

With a change of 100 deg F, thermal expansion / contraction of mild steel is appx 3/4in per 100 ft. of length.

In your case above it is concievable that the inner welds could have failed given it was a fairly large ship, and provided the temperature change occured rapidly enough that heat heat wasnt transferred quickly enough so as to equally soak all of the structural members.

In real life, this would be pretty damned difficult to accomplish, at best--100 deg is a fairly large delta.

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

Reply to
Steve Scott

Snip the Bullshit.

This is Turtle.

You say I'm pissed off because my computor is not fast and nice. WOW, You got me to thinking here and I will call my computor man and ask him if i'm fast enough. He said I had a 1.1 Ghz ram , 120 Ghz memory, 256 hz game or sound card, and to leave it alone for you good enough. So that solved that.

Well your question here , Did you ever figure out how hyperthreading works? No , but Did you ever figure out yet that i don't give a Rates Ass what you think ! If you do , let me know.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

For YOU, a 286 with 512k is good enough....

Godalmighty..it must..you stalk me around here like you love me.

Reply to
Carolina Breeze HVAC

The problem too is that the house is cold on one end and warm on the other in the winter. The easiest thing seems to be adding a electric heater to help a bit.

Reply to
FDR

This is Turtle.

My first compooter was a [ i think ] was a 286 something / 1 Mgk memory / [ 33 hz or mhz. not sure. ] . Now that was a fast motor scooter ! I had bought this one as they just come out with it at the Compooter place.

Stalking you . LOL LOL LOL , Son you ain't got a lick of sence if you think I'm stalking you. I'm just following you around and when you have something hateful, distasteful, or stupid things to say about me. i fire on your stupid ass. I have told you all alone if you stop speaking disrespectful words at me. I will do the same. No but you keep it up and expect me to not fire on you ever FUCK time you speak.

Now all you do is say Lest stop it and you stop it and I will stop it. I will say OK and it is all over with. Here is the deal but if you don't expect me to be on your ass everytime you speak disrespectful with my name in your thoughts or words. you are water headed to think so.

Take a choice but choose Wisely.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Reply to
Steve Scott

"PrecisionMachinisT" wrote in message news:R-CdnZ2dnZ1y2Fe snipped-for-privacy@scnresearch.com...

As the refrigeration systems were started up, 3ea 600 ton ammonia screw machines, the holds reached minus 20F... the bankers and other other investors were gathered on deck drinking champagne and eathing sushi... a noise some described as a howitzer being fired occurred, and the ship shook violently as the high rollers fled for the gang plank and watched the ship break in half and sink in a matter of minutes, all that was sticking out of the water was an antenna mast

I met the guy who designed and built the refrigeration on the ship in Honollulu about 6 months later. (getting ready be the chief engineer on one of Haddon Salts lobster boats ..H Salt Esquire fish and chips magnate... I met him in Honolulu as well and refrigerated one of his boats, a 160' lobster boat...a single stage R502 blast freeze system fit into one of the boats holds.)

Phil Scott

Reply to
Phil Scott

Well, unfortunately, the previous owners sheetrocked the lower level ceiling so there's no access to the duct flow controls for the upper level vents.

Reply to
FDR

Before I put an electric heater in, I would put an unvented natural/propane gas heater in the coldest spot. (unless you have small rooms and closed doors) I have one in the kitchen/living room area and we use it when it is too warm to start a fire in the woodstove. Just make sure you put a Carbon monoxide detector in the room.

Reply to
Joe

Fire axe, and sawzall does wonders.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Well, unfortunately, the previous owners sheetrocked the lower level ceiling so there's no access to the duct flow controls for the upper level vents.

************************************************************************************ You can accomplish the same thing by covering part of the outflow vents in the hotest/coldest rooms. Use tape to partially cover the vents while you are experimenting and when you get the correct flow to the entire house, you can put a piece of tin behind the vents, the same size as the tape.
Reply to
Joe

Are you talking about those in-wall types?

Reply to
FDR

Are you talking about those in-wall types?

*************************************************************** I have a free standing one that looks like a glass doored woodstove. It has ceramic logs inside, like a gas fireplace. They also have ones that mount to the wall. Type...........unvented gas heaters.........into Google and click "Images".
Reply to
Joe

I'm having trouble picturing this.

Interesting... Would you describe what happened more exactly?

Odd they didn't try this before the bankers showed up... :-)

Nick

Reply to
nicksanspam

The steel bulkheads and decking shrank but the outer hull of the ship didnt becauase it was of course immersed in 50 degree sea water not allowing it to cool along with the bulkhead and deck plate. the shrink would have been in the

1" range, heavy steel plate, enough to crack the hull all the way around and below the water line. The ship would have been of course heavier on one side of the crack, that weight and boyancy differential would have pulled it apart.

When I met the engineer. a greek guy I forgot his name he was in Honolulu atire, shorts, and boots..and no hair on his body...he told me the story.. he got so upset he shed all of his hair and had to take a range of calm down pills and see a shrink.

Phil Scott

Reply to
Phil Scott