Central AC

Hi,

Finally broke down and am having central AC installed.

The 2 estimates I have so far are for Lenox and American Standard.

Are these both good systems? Any horror stories? Suggestions on better equipment or a site to check reviews? Haven't had much luck on the internet finding reviews of the different systems, only manufacturers websites.

I live in the bay area of California.

Thanks,

Reply to
Steve

I have a Rheem central AC. I installed it in 1985 and it is still going strong. I live in NC and use it for about 4 months out of the year.

I am not familiar with the two you menti>Hi,

Reply to
S SAM

Hi Joseph, hope you are having a nice day

On 26-Jul-03 At About 05:49:47, Joseph Meehan wrote to All Subject: Re: Central AC

JM> From: "Joseph Meehan"

JM> The most important part of any heating or AC project is not the JM> hardware, it is the ability of the professional. The best equipment JM> will give poor service and fair equipment will give good service JM> depending on how it is chosen and installed.

JM> Pick your professional and use the equipment they prefer. They will JM> know that equipment better and you will get a better job.

JM> Make sure you check references from both of the contractors you have JM> contacted so far.

This is true to a certain extent but there are also other factors to take into consideration. such as Lennox and the very expensive repair parts.

-=> HvacTech2

Reply to
HvacTech2