finding a good Central AC contractor

I have a 850 sq. ft bungalow...

#1 - Anyone have advice on finding a good (and reasonably priced) central air conditioning contractor to install a central air conditioner (I'm in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada)?

#2 - There are dozens of them in the yellow pages - I don't want to call every one!

#3 - What brand of AC would one recommend? Carrier? Lenox? other?

#4 - should I insist on a "manual J" analysis?

#4 - Any tips/advice/comments/suggestions?

Howie

Reply to
Howie

Ask friends, neighbors and relatives. Ask the friendly UPS truck driving man. You might be surprised the insight they have on local businesses.

Don't think cheap or inexpensive.

Think done right the first time without turning you home into a disaster during installation or 6 months down the road when winter freezes the pipes in your place cause the installer got wild with drilling huge holes to the outside world (happened to my mother inlaw, she went cheap, heating pipes froze in winter because huge unsealed holes bored into side of house during A/C install taking out ceiling and recently remodeled living room.

Reply to
Steve Stone

What are the days of cooling requirements in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada?

Reply to
Bob

from this website (http://198.147.238.24/ac_calc/default.asp), it appears we have 400-500 days of cooling requirements.

Reply to
Howie

What is the Humidity there. Do you want a quick heat recovery, do you leave alot and setback the thermostat.

Reply to
m Ransley

Howie posted for all of us....

Seeing as there only 365 days a year something is wrong here.

I think you mean hours not days. The contractor doing the calcs-you MUST have- should discuss this with you.

Reply to
Tekkie

duh, thanks Tekkie.. I did mean hours...

Reply to
Howie

What do you need AC for? Aren't you surrounded by nothing but acres and acres of frozen tundra?

=:-)

Reply to
HA HA Budys Here

yes I guess you are right... and I sit in my back yard and eat barbecued seal meat....

Reply to
Howie