Cellulose Over Vent Fan Housing?

I replaced the vent fan in my upstairs bathroom. When doing so, the blown in cellulose was moved. After installation, should I cover the vent housing with cellulose from the attic, or leave it exposed up there?

Reply to
Matthew

I would definitely cover it to limit heat transfer. The only possible issue would be if it has a light bulb in it, then heat could be an issue, ie is the fixture rated to be covered with insulation or not. But it's a bath fan, it's not going to have a 150W bulb in it, and today we're using LEDs anyway. Did you read the instructions or check on the manufacturer website?

Reply to
trader_4