ceiling cracks/water damage

During a second floor dormer addition, tarps leaked and we had some water come in our our downstairs kitchen and bedroom ceiling. We also have ceiling cracks along all of the joists in the downtairs ceilings that occurred with all of of the pounding and structural work that was done upstairs. The cracks where there was also water leakage are yellowed. My builder says that he will fix all of the cracks, and will fix the water-damaged parts of the ceiling differently. Could someone tell me what the best process is for fixing those inevitable cracks, and for fixing the water damaged parts.

-Holly

Reply to
I & H Prees