Case 62 toilet valve

I have 2 old Case toilets in my home. I have plenty of parts and just changed the seat and plunger seat on one of them. The fill does shut off but now. But, after the tank has filled 99% , there is now a prolonged period of hiss-filled "topping off". Any suggestions on how to correct this phenomenon? Thanks.

Reply to
Larry B

If there is a screw on the top center it needs to be slightly tightened down .

Reply to
jim

If there is a screw on the top center it needs to be slightly tightened down .

--------------------------- Tightened because it is loose (which it isn't)? As of now, it does fill to the correct level.

Reply to
Larry B

Replace the old fill valve with a FluidMaster 400. They cost less than $10 and they're easy to install. You can rebuild a FluidMaster by replacing a single $1 rubber seal. The top pops off and you swap in a new gasket.

I stopped dealing with old fashioned ballcock assemblies decades ago.

They are a total PINTA

Reply to
Rick-Meister

Don't know much about Case toilets, eh? FM400A will not fit. No choice in this matter. Otherwise, I am in total agreement with your sentiment on all levels. For the $8-10, I just change out the whole thing.

Reply to
Larry B