car with splayed wheels.

I'd have said the one lacking in education here is you. Any and all explanations you have provided thus far have been little more than fluff and bullshit. Snag's just challenged your claim and now you *run away*.

Reply to
Xeno

Well, sure. But the topic is still street cars and insulting someone for discussing a different topic from what you want to change it to is more reprehensible than insulting someone who is misdiscussing the same topic you are discussing.

Who said I can't figure it out? I already knew it. And even if I didn't/couldn't, why are you so insulting? If you have indigestion, take a TUMS. Every time you act like this, you lose credibility even when you're behaving properly. Ask yourself why you call yourself a wannabe.

Reply to
micky

Yes, the topic is street cars, but the people are using street cars to emulate the effect and look race cars. Are you stupid or something, or just plain stupid?

You behave like you can't figure it out. Are you stupid or something, or just plain stupid?

invalid unparseable

Reply to
micky

Thanks. This one really impressed me

I want one.

also:

micky

I absolutely do not want one. I guess I'm not part of the target market because I don't see any pros, only cons.

Another thing I'm starting to see are vehicles that are lifted several feet in the front, and not at all in the rear. The driver and passengers are staring at the sky, which seems to be a safety issue.

I've seen examples on the street that are even more extreme than the most extreme examples in the article at that link. You can easily hide a whole vehicle in the blind spot, let alone a motorcyclist or pedestrian.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

I'm with you! It not only looks stupid, it *is* stupid.

Reply to
Xeno

I wonder how often you have to replace the tires. If you have them remounted to use the other side, does that mark you as a poser?

Reply to
The Real Bev

You have no money even for food. You are on a subsistence diet of wild wabbit and dingo meat. You're jealous of fancy cars. That's why you think it is stupid, stupid.

Reply to
John Carlson

LOL

I hope no one thought I really wanted one. Except maybe to park outside my house and use it to look cool and attract girls that walk by.

Reply to
micky

Just having that crazy shit on your car marks you as a poseur! ;-)

Reply to
Xeno

Jealous of *fancy cars*? I don't think so. I don't *worship* cars and I am sufficiently well endowed that I have no need of a penis extension. To me, cars are a machine, nothing more, and it was once my role to repair such machines. I like my car to be practical - stanced cars are definitely not practical thus have no place in my garage or in my life.

Reply to
Xeno

Any girl that would be attracted to a stanced car, or any fancy car for that matter, is not the kind of girl I would want in my life.

Reply to
Xeno

Depends on what sort of girls you prefer:

AMuzi

That's nice. My friend Larry had a Corvair. Only the early ones were dangerous.

And it has vent windows. My uncle called them No-Draft, but I used to open them so far they pointed forward (not all will do that) and blew the breeze right on me. I miss that.

Reply to
micky

My mother had a Corvair. Two of them, in fact. I can't remember if the white one replaced the blue one or vice versa.

My first car had vent windows. I don't miss them. Air-conditioning is better.

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Just spelling it with a U marks you as a poser!

Reply to
The Real Bev

Looking for jailbait? <sigh>

I can't drive well enough to take advantage of 150mph etc. capabilities, but I'm happy to associate with those who can if they'll let me ride with them!

Purely cosmetic shit doesn't count unless it's a really fabulous paint job. They have truly spectacular colors now.

Reply to
The Real Bev

That's what my family called them too. We also had one of those window coolers with a string that you pulled when you wanted a spray of water in your face.

Reply to
The Real Bev

" Warning: Objects in mirror appear smarter than they are.

Reading a Bev sig line makes for a pleasant afternoon. Thank you as always!

Reply to
AMuzi