Can Whirlpool washer & dryer be stacked on pedestal drawers?

I don't disbelieve you. I'd just like to see something (anything) from Whirlpool in writing that says we shouldn't stack the washer and dryer on a pedestal.

Reply to
Wlm Singleton

What is the "sport" involved?

Do you have a bad back? I"m 60 and I don't have the slightest trouble bending down for the dryer. My washer is a toploader and works fine, but if it were a front loader, I could bend down for it too.

So what if it is 49" above the ground plus another 14 inches to the bottom of the drawer. That would be 63 inches. Now if you're 5'6" and your head is 6? inches high, that would mean the top of your shoulders is 60 inches, 3 inches below the opening of the door. If you angle your arms, you'll be able to get them in the opening, but how will you get them to bend down at the elbows to take the clothes out of the dryer?

Are the controls higher than 63? I'm sure they are more like 85 inches, 7 foot 3, so you'll never be able to turn the dryer on. Maybe you'll just put them in but never dry them, so you can put more and more clothes in and you'll never have to take them out.

Have you thought about this at all?

This strikes me as the dumbest thread I've ever read.

Reply to
mm

My washer moves during spin. Particularly if there is a very heavy load (such as when comforters are in). If that happens, and the washer/ dryer combo move off the base and collapse on a child, serous consequences could occur.

Good point, but easily covered by fastening the combined unit to the wall near the top.

Actually had to do that with a new stove/range, as they are now so light (thin crappy metal and plastic) a bit of pressure on the door when opened tilted the whole unit even with the "included" floor brace supposedly for that purpose. (it actually bent)

Reply to
AMUN