What kind of bracket is this?

I want something like this:

What should I Google on? (Bracket pulls up trillions of dissimilar items.)

Thank you.

Reply to
Greg Esres

Angle bracket gets the angle part, but I'm not sure how to get the long part.

I've looked at the first 4 pages of images at images.google.com and didn't find long.

Angle iron is heavier and doesn't usually have holes.

one is close, but unfortunately it's a make-to-order shop.

Reply to
mm

what is it going to be used for.. looks like a angle piece of a swamp cooler.. but it could be for lots of different uses.. so to find it would be easier if I knew what it is for

Reply to
classicrock86

It isn't a bracket, it is a strip :o) I did a quick google search on "perforated strip galvanized" and got hits that are close....two brand names I found are "FlexAngle" and "Flex Angle".

Norminn

home depot or lowes has similar pieces.

Reply to
longshot

To attach a piece of wood to masonry. The stretched holes are to allow some adjustment of the bracket with respect to the wooden frame to get closer to the masonry.

Reply to
Greg Esres

I shot them an email with the image.

Thank you.

Reply to
Greg Esres

Looks a lot like Dexion slotted angle iron. They've got a web page at

HTH, Mark

Reply to
Mark Sparge

I want a cutter like the one shown at that site!

Reply to
DerbyDad03

IT looks like something that might be used to install garage door openers.

Reply to
jmagerl

mm wrote:

Reply to
Greg Esres

Two (or more) holes connected w/ saw/file is the "traditional" way. If you have a press, it's simpler. A small grinder can work or, depending on the length of slot desired a small diameter cutoff wheel. Where's there's a will, there's a way... :)

--

Reply to
dpb

That would be a mill...

Reply to
dpb

You just need a drill bit that is wider on one diameter than the other.

Reply to
mm

dpb wrote in news:f6e56n$7cb$ snipped-for-privacy@aioe.org:

Or a punch press...

Reply to
Clark

I found some pieces that might work at Lowes. No real slotted holes, but a few pieces have two holes right next to each other; it'd probably be easy enough the remove the material between them.

Thanks

Reply to
Greg Esres

Why do your holes have to be slotted, btw.

They do that mostly so that it will fit holes that are already there. Do you have holes that are already there?

Reply to
mm