Can the grid handle electric cars?

When there's a power outage in texas and people are freezing to death, the proper thing to do is go on vacation where it's warmer. Abbott might have lost the next election except no one I knew froze.

Reply to
micky

I like that first picture. They could save a lot of time if they connected the wires before they moved the towers into place. I'll have to write them.

Reply to
micky

Meaning the kite string.

It's interesting that they had heavier-than-air kites in 1855 or earlier, but it took until 1901 iirc to build an airplane. There were large gliders in between but I don't know details. .

Reply to
micky

Yes! Beaches and swimming pools would be far more interesting. There's a hypothetical solution for every problem.

Reply to
Leonard Blaisdell

It is sensibility. Texas, especially, is too dumb to keep up the grid and has effed up for years. Don't blame EVs for their government's lack of action.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

So in the future, when oil is tight and poor people have to pay $15 a gallon, will you say the same? You want to punish them in the future for your lack of planning now.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

You think the globalist WEF billionaires won't raise the price of electric too?

After watching the democrats print money for the last 3 years, you think they care?

Reply to
Slevin

Not to mention that every time the Leftists exclaim we are running out of, we find more.

Oh where exactly do they think teh electricity comes from?

Don't know, but from solar, wind, water, it will be available one the oil is used up. Plan now.

Don't forget to count he money Trump printed for four years too.

Reply to
Ed P
[snip of even more umbdassay base 64 garbage, just to add:]

"Not to mention that every time the Leftists exclaim we are running out of, we find more."

Hey, "T", have you noticed that oil isn't $4/barrel anymore? Now why do you suppose that is?

Ask your 2nd grade economics teacher.

Reply to
danny burstein

So back to the original video -- all these states that could f*ck up a free lunch are suddenly going to build the infrastructure needed for a widespread adoption of EVs?

Note: I am no way implying that it is not technically possible. Somehow politics and economics intrude on the possible.

Like the article says, a potential natural gas shortage in New England is a annual refrain. Gas is a fungible commodity so there have been years when Rosprom was the ultimate source.

Now ask yourself why the abundant natural gas produced in the Marcellus play can't make its way a few hundred miles to an area in need of it. There is no technical problem involved.

Reply to
rbowman

Government planning? Sounds like fascism to me. We're in little danger since the US government couldn't plan a Labor Day picnic. We laugh at the Soviet 5 year plans but most planning in the US is 'how can I get my ass (re)elected in 2, 4, or 6 years.

Reply to
rbowman

Internal combustion engine. The technology to build airplanes was there but it had to wait for a lightweight source of power.

Nothing changes. The technology to build a neural network has been around for decades but it needed something like a GPU to perform the tensor manipulation.

EVs go back to the late 19th century but it has taken more than a century to develop a truly feasible solution.

Reply to
rbowman

The electric companies should be building and expanding. Our is in this area.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Their own officials, like Abbott blamed green energy for their big collapse a couple years ago, even though the problem was much more badly run gas powered plants that could not handle the cold.

Reply to
Bob F

The deficit ALWAYS booms when the GOP is in power, and they don't say a thing about it, but when the Democratic party rules they can't talk of anything else.

Reply to
Bob F

Ya fascism for sure. Real actual fascism that believes the government run by totalitarians knows better than the individual and that the individual only exist to serve the state. You know, they guys that believed that they had perfected "Communist Marxism"

"solar, wind, water" can not begin but to scratch our energy needs. All Ed is about is the narrative. No mention that "coal" is the major energy source for those stupid BEV's and that BEV's pollute slightly more than ICE in the aggregate and they are death traps when they catch on fire.

What no "when we run out of coal?" His political office says to just repeat the same old propaganda narratives and not to trust what he hears with his ears of sees with his eyes.

There is a political problem.

NIMBY for pipelines. The 1920 Jones Act for LNG tankers. NIMBY has been and will be a problem for solar/wind generation. I'd have to research how many potential hydro sites are left in the US that won't effect snail darters, spawning salmon, protected wetlands and so forth.

Reply to
rbowman

acksonville.com/story/news/columns/nate-monroe/2022/07/26/florida-power- light-once-dominated-now-humbled-scandal-investigation-capitolist-nate- monroe/10150137002/

Is there trouble in River City?

Reply to
rbowman