Mains nibbler.

Just a heads-up that Lidl have a mains nibbler on offer from next Thursday. Might suit those with no compressed air supply, like me. I have an ancient Hitachi one which cost and arm an a leg used - and this is the first budget priced one I've seen.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Having a look around on the Lidl web site, I found this high fashion item ...

When ye are welding scary things with blinding light and smoke, it must be the right thing to show onlookers that ya head has just caught alight....

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

And if you look at the middle picture of the five, they've got a much squarer, non-flamed version, that just makes me think of Marvin.

Reply to
Steve Walker

Temping. Never used one but having just watched a video of it I could find it useful.

I presume this is what is for sale

with a proper British plug on it:-)

How much is it?

Reply to
ARW

:-)

BBC Marvin and not the s**te one from the 2005 film.

BTW you have just managed to name the new cat.....

Reply to
ARW

£35

Wonder why the 'nose' of the mains version is that much bigger than the air version?

Reply to
Andy Burns

It must be a challenge for designers to come up with something different. However go faster stripes type designs worry me as the company may have spent more on the appearance than the function. I had a very well packaged set of jewellers screwdrivers which looked fantastic, but were so soft they could not be used to undo screws. Ahem... Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

On eBay, "Double Head Sheet Metal Nibbler Cutter Cutting Tool Saw Power Drill Attachment" - £9.99

See youTube for demo vids.

FWIW, I use a Goscut handtool, something from the seventies Hasn't let me down yet.

Adrian Caspersz

I still have one of them somewhere. Hard work, though. Just about copes with classic radio/amplifier chassis ally.

The problem I have had with powered nibblers is that the cutter is hard and brittle, I have snapped a few. So you need to be sure you can get replacements.

Reply to
newshound

I am a fan of cats, we have three, so I'm glad to be of service.

Reply to
Steve Walker

Was once thinking if I had a black cat with a white patch on the the head, "diode" would be a nice name - or even "cathode"

I'll find my coat ...

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

I like that.

Our current cats are called Jaffa, Josie and Jenna (there is a bit of a theme going on here). Jaffa is a ginger tom, sometimes called Jaffa Cake; Josie often sits for hours very upright and totally unmoving, so she is also known as Pot Cat; while Jenna is a *large* cat (both naturally large and a total glutton - 8.5kg) and is known as Fat Cat.

Reply to
Steve Walker

That is my experience too. This one looks more rugged with being able to cut 3.2mm steel, well beyond it's spec, and keeps going.

Reply to
Fredxx

Just under 40 quid. My Hitachi cost me 150 used many years ago. They're rather limited production compared to most power tools. They're most used for cutting car bodywork, and most who do that would have a compressed air one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Never broken one on the Hitachi. Perhaps they come in different sizes? There is quite a bit of waste with it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

The vibration on that looks pretty bad...

Reply to
John Rumm

Bloody hell I've still got one of they in use!!!...

Reply to
tony sayer

And you will never know their third name

ARW