Can screen fabric added to aluminum fence?

We used to have a screened pool cage, but hurricanes Francis, Jeanne, and Wilma changed our insurance coverage. The cage had to come down. Now, we have an aluminum fence around our pool. The problem is that we get sometimes find critters in the pool in addition to debris from the surrounding trees. I would like to add some screen to the fence. I know this won't solve the problem completely, but it will make a dent in the amount of trash that gets blown into the pool and keep some of the smaller critters out. Can screen fabric added to aluminum fence? I was thinking of buying material at Lowe's and installing eyelets along the top and bottom. Then, use shrink ties along the top and bottom rails to secure it. One neighbor said it sounded like a reasonable solution. Another person told me the fence was not designed to withstand the pressure which might be exerted on it during a thunderstorm or hurricane. What say you?

Reply to
havin_aball