Can I Share a Ground?

I'm running two circuits in a single conduit: - a 240v 20amp for a wall A/C outlet - a 120v 20amp for a shop outlet

Can I run a single 12 ga green ground wire for both circuits?

Reply to
The Streets

Yep

Reply to
gfretwell

IMHO:

When using conduit that can also be used as the grounding path (EMT, MC, etc), pulling a seperate ground, rated for the highest breaker/fuse, makes sense.

Good luck,

tom @

Tom The Great

Do folks who come later mark well these boxes are on two circuits, to prevent a nasty shock!

Reply to
hallerb