Heat in extra bedroom

I have one bedroom that is somewhat chillier than the rest, I have adjusted vents to no avail. Would increasing the fan speed help, I have a trane heat pump btw. Any ideas welcome.

Reply to
allan

maybe some lovin' ....

Reply to
roger61611

If that bedroom is on the outside of the building facing North or West, that might explain the cooler temperatures. Check the windows there and be sure they are insulated enough. If you don't already have them, try adding thermopane windows. Check the temperature at the bedroom vents vs. the other rooms to see if there are loses of heat coming into the room. If that room is furthest from the heat source, you might try more insulation on that feed.

Sherw> I have one bedroom that is somewhat chillier than the rest, I have

Reply to
sherwindu

You could have the ductwork adjusted to take some capacity from your warmest room and divert it to the chilly room. Are you sure you are leaving the doors open so return air flows?

Reply to
DK

Installing a Booster Fan in a Duct

tom

Where is this room located in relation to let's say a garage, a porch, a crawl space, etc.

Holmes-On-Homes recently did an episode about a cold room above a garage in a fairly new home. It turned out that there were huge gaps in the insulation between the main house and the garage allowing cold air to get into the joist area above the garage and make the room above extremely cold.

Considering looking for the root cause of the chill as opposed to just pumping in more heat.

allan wrote:

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Do not increase the fan speed, instead increase the size of the duct running to that room.

- All the free heating and air answers you want!

Reply to
Al Moran