Can I make a mulching attachment for my Toro mower?

I asked this of a forum

This is a link to a pic of the no longer available Toro Leaf Shredder Kit No. 59101 (optional) for my lawnmower: a 1985/86 Toro 18" push 164cc Tecumseh Model 20762C under, Look Up Parts

The (discontinued) kit consists of a C-shaped screen: a chicken wire type looking stuff, more like perforated sheet steel. and a 3-piece baffle (also C-shaped, but located in a 3 different places, also only screws & nut locks.

I can sort of see &/or guess where things go, and it looks like a simple system, SO:

Can I make The leaf shredder works with the bag. It keeps the leaves I did look under the deck to see where the bolts would go for the leaf shredder kit to see what was going on - I don't know whats going on. I can't say off the top of my head now where the holes are specifically, but theres only a limited number of holes. eg where the motor mounts to the deck. Using those hole locations, and/or if there are the other ones, and even making new ones if necc I could plug the shoot or integrate it into a design plan if I have one. A vertical plastic plate closes automatically without the rear bag on - creating a void. Unless there is a fits all kit someone tells me about. I should have a look at online ills of kits for other mowers -can anyone share a link to any kit ill. I'm hoping someone can give me a starting point of what I'm trying to atempt. I have absolutely no trouble fabricating parts for a trial. What does a "kit" look like? Am I trying to deflect grass pieces to/from anywhere to anywhere, or get hang time. I thought this'd be the place to come.

Reply to
bent

yes you can make it.

ds549