Can a steel Floor Frame Kit used for a deck?

I will install a 12x14 Yardistry gazebo in the backyard. I am looking at alternatives: Concrete or a conventional all-wood deck.

My buddy who works in construction suggested a floor kit from Arrow. Put it on concrete deck blocks. Then cover it with deck boards.

I checked with the local hardware store (Lowes) and they said that the Arrow floor frame kit would be OK to use. (See it here:

)

I live in San Jose, California where we don't get much rain (I wish we did-- we are in a severe drought.) So humidity is not much of a problem. Extreme hot or cold weather is rare. So I think environmental factors won't adversely affect the galvanized steel frame much. In fact, it may be better than wood.

What do you folks think?

Deguza

Reply to
Deguza

I see it is recommended as flooring so it would need more support or it would probably flex too much. Also you need avoid contact with pressure treated lumber which normally contains chlorinated materials and could cause corrosion. My deck is Trex over pressure treated base and after about four years still looks like new.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Thanks, Frank. You have good points.

Deguza