California car insurance asking for odometer reading

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:guue9s$3a9$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

The OP wants to roll back the odometer.

Reply to
ktos

Maybe that's why the insurance co. mailed me (and everyone else) the odometer form to fill out, sign, and return.

Reply to
ddbean

Don't worry, they will ask you again next year. I get a huge discount on insurance for one vehicle because it is driven less than 7000 miles per year. I have enjoyed the discount for about 15 years now, but starting about 3 years ago the insurance company wants an odometer reading each year.

If you expect your wife to drive her car very little this year, you can ask the insurance company right now to lower the rate on her car.

Pologirl

Reply to
Pologirl

Finally, a useful answer, thanks Pologirl.

I post here so that everyone can benefit from the responses. If I just go straight to my insurance company with the question then it won't benefit anyone else. By posting here, we share the knowledge.

Reply to
ddbean

I'd tell them it's none of their goddamn business. Next they'll want to know how long your penis is, because if it's too long, they will claim that it could cause an acccident. Then they will make you shorten it to prevent it from getting stuck in your steering wheel while turning, which of course would cause a crash.

Tell them you refuse to provide this information because it's an INVASION OF PRIVACY, but they can contact your lawyer, who will tell them the same thing.

Reply to
noneofyourbiz

It could be a sneaky, devious way for the California Commies to get the mileage information on the people to use for taxation purposes. It would be much easier for the government to get the insurance companies to collect this information because a private company can do it much more efficiently and accurately than any government agency saddled with Affirmative Action morons. If you can tax someone, you can control them. The California Commies want to control the peoples ability to move about and travel long distances. I can see mileage rationing for California citizens as the next move of the Commies.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas