Bright flasklight?

Lowes, Walmart, Home Depot, Ebay, Amazon.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The kell skould I kave a clue?

Must be a new barrel of laughs?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

C'mon....a light that holds your liquor.

Here >>>>>>

Meanie

Not any more. High output LEDs require fairly sophisticated electronics. That's one place to screw up. I have some 3 AAA flashlights that were 3 for $20 at CostCo. The switch in the tail glows red to indicate a low battery. Unfortunately, that little option also drains the batteries in short order. The next generation skipped that option.

Another thing to avoid are flashlights that have a lot of little dome shaped LEDs. They may look cool but they're 15 year old technology.

Reply to
rbowman

Thats what I thought :)

Reply to
Paintedcow

Gee that's really bright. That's over six times brighter than my really bright flashlight. Doing some research, 1000 lumens is about all a T6 can deliver around 3 amps. How is the flashlight being advertised ? It uses AAA with optional holder. AAA suck, and I've had those plastic holders fail, break apart, over time.

I stick with AA mini flashlights, and bigger cells for bigger physical sized ones. I know The Home Depot has sold some decent larger sized single LED lamps. Don't know what's current. Flashlight shopping can be TRICKY as in above link.

500 lumens is really bright. You CAN'T look into the beam. 100-200 lumens is a good lumens vs battery life rating.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

I case you drop it.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

lol Seek and you will find!

Reply to
Eagle

lol I like this group. :')

Reply to
Eagle

Stormin Mormon wrote in news:8rN1y.170863$ snipped-for-privacy@fx02.iad:

Less than $20

In the house

Close

Hopefully not

Once a week?

Reply to
KenK

Useful when you want to see how full the flask is, without waking anyone up.

Reply to
hah
[snip]

A have a couple of those. They're very dim. The brighter ones usually have a single LED.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

I was going to recommend a 'Wel-Bilt' light from Northern Industrial. Nice and sturdy and does double duty as a weapon -- I have two of them. Sadly they've discontinued that double-C-cell 3-W model. The do have a bigger badder type that also uses C cells and which puts out 10W. Downside is that it costs three times as much as the old one. Item# 38473

Reply to
BenignBodger

lol Who's the one with the boogered nose?

Reply to
Eagle

Sounds like a Durabeam or some thing like that will do fine. Two D cells, and get alkaline batteries. Not heavy duty batteries. Should be able to get some thing well under twenty bucks.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Uh huh....and who are you comparing yourself to? I bet you have one eye, one horn, fly around and your skin is purple, am I wright pretty muster?

The winged one

Reply to
Eagle

Just got an email from Lowe's about a 'special' on a rugged bright flashlight for $20, normaly $40. Their description is "Coast 360-Lumen LED Handheld Battery Flashlight Item #: 425982 | Model #: 20396". At 360 lumens it should be bright enough for almost any purpose.

Reply to
BenignBodger

Good point. lol

Reply to