Breaking up old concrete

Does this also cover the Royal Family? Your NHS started for all citizens... "based on need, not ability to pay".

Occupational hazards. We don't have a National Health Executive telling us how long we can crawl on our knees to install tile, or lay carpet, or use a hammer. Not even how long to use a jack hammer.

Heath and Safety Legislation is one thing; entirely different from a NHE dictating the time you can operate equipment.

-- Oren

Oren

Of course it covers them. I presume they pay their National Insurance contributions, although I would further presume that they would have some sort of private health insurance which they make use of.

Health and safety at work laws don't, as far as I know, cover the use of power tools at home for DIY purposes, although personally I'd keep length of usage guidelines in mind while using them. I like having all my fingers with sensation in them thanks very much. Then again I work in construction so the dangers of power tools are more relevant for me than the casual DIY-er.

Are there no daily time limits for truck drivers in the States? I'd hate the thought of lots of over-tired hauliers falling asleep at the wheel while I was travelling along your highways and byways. Most H & S legislation is merely common sense. Which of course doesn't seem to be as common as it's name would suggest :-)

Reply to
Aardvark

If you're scared of tired truck drivers, think about our overworked, tired and stressed Air Traffic Controllers. Many are working ten hour days, six days a week - contributing to the crash of Comair Flight

5191 in Lexington. d8=

-- Oren

Hofstadter's Law - It [a task] always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

Reply to
Oren