Bosch Appliances

Approx. a year ago, My wife & I bought a Bosch Dishwasher. What a mistake! I came to find out that there was only one Bosch service repair company in this town. The service repair company has been to my house on four (4) occassions to repair this machine, & it's still not repaired. In the meantime the water sits in the bottom of the machine. We have made at least 6-8 calls to Bosch. We have talked to Stephanie, Steve, Valerie, & who knows who trying to remedy the problem. No one from Bosch has ever called us to apologize for the inconveinence or to offer a solution. In fairness to Bosch, they have agreed to pay for the repairs. Next week sometime when they feel like it, the service repair company will return to see if the new wiring harness is the right one this time. It seems the wires had gotten to hot & melted some of the insulation. I guess I have an $800 Lemon on my hands. Oh! Did I tell you that I bought it from Lowe's? My advice to anyone, is to buy your appliances from a local dealer who does their own repairs. It's worth the extra money.

Reply to
Lee

You should have bought the $89 4 year service agreement at Lowes. If they can't fix it after a few tries they replace it. By the way, in case your repair man is a moron, did you check the wire nuts where the house ac connects to the dishwasher. My parents have a Bosch and it suddenly stopped and one of the wire nuts were burnt thereby breaking the connection. I replaced it and it has been fine ever since. Turns out it is a common problem. The Bosch wiring at that point is a bit too light. In any case, my Asko broke 4 times in 6 years (each time something different) and my 3 rack Maytag was a complete piece of junk that we dumped after just 2 years of ownership. The Bosch is a good reliable dishwasher you are just being screwed up by an incompetent repairman. The small stores would have probably used him too if he is the only authorized one in town.

Reply to
Art

I have a bosch. its very quiet but low on the features. It will clogg up too because my wife does not know how to rinse the food off the plate before she puts it in the washer sometimes.

I make a point to run the garbage grinder before each wash. If its clogged the dishwasher can have trouble draining.

otherwise I have to sometimes take a spoon and clean the water out of the dishwasher and the drail hole with food and all. ShopVac works like a charm.

Reply to
dnoyeB

Bosch has a filter you have to clean once in a while. All garbage disposals need to be cleared before using dishwasher if dishwasher drains into it. Also make sure water is running hot before starting dishwasher.

Reply to
Art

I have a bosch too, nice and quiet, but its required service from the beginning and I believe it was the least reliable brand in consumer reports survey. Sears has the ONLY service around and theres no local parts source, other than sears who is expensive. I probably wouldnt buy another one, it does a good job cleaning dishes though:) oddly enough mine got 2 new control boards, a new motor, and a new valve sensor assembly

Reply to
hallerb

Screw that, I put dishes piled with food on them into my Kenmore and it hasn't blinked for 15 years.

What's supposed to be so good about Bosch anyway?

-CF

Reply to
CFster

Advantages cleans well and unreal quiet!!! amazingly quiet! premium machine stainless interior

I NEVER rinse anything before loading machine, mine has a seperate drain line to the sewer, dishwasher isnt by sink

Reply to
hallerb