Books and Home Renovation Shows

I am trying to get ideas for exterior/interior home renovation. What books, magazines and tv shows do you all suggest?

So far my personal favorites are Flip This House and Flip That House.

Reply to
BettyM

Look at This Old House - tho in the last 10 years they do major remodels, still they are quite good telling what's out there. Also Hometime, which is usually better for modest incomes.

I also like Debbie Travis - Painted House (?), look at HGTV.com or DIYNET.com, you should find her shows.

As far as books. Depends on what you want to do - kitchens, bathrooms, bedrooms,etc. Sunset has a great set of books for each room.

Good luck - money and time is all you need!

MJ Wallace

Reply to
mjwallace

For magazines, try:

*This Old House (best general, all-around) *Fine Homebuilding (the most technical, good if you're doing work yourself) *Inspired House is good for design, colors, products.

I get all three and are very happy with them.

For shows, Hometime is good normal home-owner projects, but very basic. This Old House is good, but the projects these days are huge and materials a bit unrealistic for folks with normal budgets. But the advice is sound. In general, watching HGTV can also give you a lot of ideas---mostly design, colors, etc.

Reply to
<bks>