blue tint in water and ice cubes from refrigerator

I have observed a blue tint in the ice cubes and occassionally from the water that is dispensed from my sub-zero refrigerator. I already use a Franke triflow filter system. Any advice on how to eliminate the blue tint is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
Larry

Is this a new fridge?

Reply to
TVeblen

the fridge is less than 3 years old and was installed with new plumbing as part of a full renovation.

Reply to
Larry

I hope your toilet tanks aren't siphoning.

Reply to
CJT

New units use a disinfectant in the lines that is blue that has to be flushed out before you start using the ice cubes, etc. It could be something inside the plumbing lines, particularly if they are pex or equal. Never seen copper do that. Otherwise, can't help.

Reply to
TVeblen

Good point, but there isn't anything in the tanks that's terribly dangerous. I'd shut the toilets off, flush them, and then try to clear the ice maker to check your guess. Blue stuff shouldn't be in the toilets anyway. It does nothing other than make a mess.

Reply to
Keith

I agree. I recently helped a neighbor repair her toilet. Something (I suspect it was that blue stuff) had pretty much eaten away everything but the ceramic.

Reply to
CJT