Blows Wave Radio

Anybody try this piece of crap? I don't know, it looks like plastic crap to me. I'd never put out the money to find out since I'm not impressed.

Reply to
Claude Hopper

The Bose Wave radio has excellent audio quality but -- according to lots of folks whose opinions I have heard, it's overpriced.

My mother owned one for a year before her death and she loved the sound -- however -- it has no knobs or other controls -- it's all controlled from a credit-card sized remote.

I'm very old-fashioned and I want knobs on my radio.

Check out the audiophile radios by Tivoli

Reply to
Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names

The one I saw had some buttons on the back. But, like you, I prefer to have real controls. Mine is a control issue.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

When I buy a stereo I go by what it sounds like, not by the name or what it looks like. Just close your eyes and listen!

I have a Sony surround system which sounds pretty darn good especially with the Sony sub woofer which also has a speaker pointing toward the floor (2 speakers).

Actually I could not buy the subwoofer locally because the "audio expert" stores turn up their noses at anything without a "name". Other people listening to my system are amazed at the sound. Best of all is was about 1/3 the price of a big name system...

Reply to
Bill

Sounds 10% better (if that) than a $50 Wal-Mart boom box, at 1,000% the price.

Reply to
Pete C.

In the case of these radios, if you listen carefully, you'll hear the sound of your credit card shaking in fear ;^)

looks like. Just close

Reply to
Eric

Real radios don't need knobs:

I have also read: BOSE = "Buy Other Sound Equipment"

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

The one time I saw a Bose, it had buttons on top, or maybe on the back. to change the freq, volume, etc.

I'll admit I wasn't impressed.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Everything Bose makes is overpriced junk....they don't even offer specs for ANY of their overpriced junk speakers. That tells you a lot about Bose right there.

Reply to
Ron