black mold-roof

Anybody have any luck with a store bought product? I'd like to clean the black mold off of my roof this weekend. FYI, I'm not going to use the zinc strips as I am going to replace the roof in 2 or 3 years. And what about getting it off of vynil siding? I just did my house with a regular (Krud) cleaner and I had to scrub the living hell out of it. Is there a product that will keep it off of the siding? TIA

Dave

Reply to
somedaysoon22

I had black mold on my deck and nothing I tried (I tried everything) could get rid of it. Someone at a hardware store suggested a product called "30 Seconds" so I bought some. I followed the instructions -- put it on, wait 30 seconds and rinse it off -- all the black mold was gone. It disintegrated right before my eyes. It's amazing. I'm here in Canada and "30 Seconds" is available everywhere. I don't know where you live, but if you can get "30 Seconds" I highly recommend it. Good luck.

Reply to
Remi

Can it be used on bathroom/shower tiles?

Aspasia

Reply to
aspasia

You asked: Can it be used on bathroom/shower tiles? I don't know. You'd have to read the label. I would do that for you, but I've moved and no longer have the problem so I no longer have the product.

Reply to
Remi

very simple.........

Bleach. straight, no dilute, leave on for a few minutes, rinse off with hose, cheap , fast

Reply to
steve

"Remi" wrote in news:hPdTg.70532$R63.64707@pd7urf1no:

Most likely contained oxygen bleach.

And, it is more likely to be algae. You don't want it to be mold. If you KNOW it's mold and you ever sell, you must disclose you have had a mold problem which sends buyers running in turbo mode. You really don't KNOW it's mold do you. It's not mold is it?... I'm glad you agree :-)

Granted both these sites are pimping their wares but I think there's something to oxygen bleach (sodium percarbonate) Personally, I have no experience with it. Take a look at these:

Al Bundy