Black "burn" marks above bathroom light

How can I get this black "film" off the ceiling??

Reply to
cathy

It's not a burn.

The heat of the light causes a rising air current, which blows dust and dirt against the wall or ceiling.

In most cases household cleaners will remove it, if the substrate alllows (depends on how resistant the paint or wallpaper is.)

If your house is full of Yankee Candles or something similar, there's also a lot of soot mixed in. Good luck with that.

Reply to
TimR

+1

Maybe Cathy can just think of it as a marker for how long she's lived there. Sentimentalists and archeologists will find value in that.

That's what I would do. Save time and the danger of climbing on ladders.

Reply to
micky

Paint

Reply to