Best Size Orchard Ladder?

I would like advise on whether to buy an eight or ten foot orchard ladder.

I prune Japanese maples, most of which are less than twenty feet high. To date I have used an eight foot step ladder, but would like to switch to an orchard ladder.

Eight foot looks handy and I could reach most of what I do, but with ten feet I could get to more of the bushy places which collect snow and cause winter breakage.

I am getting older, and so safety is my first priority.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Dwight Gibb

Reply to
Dwight Gibb

Go big or go home.

John T.

Reply to
hubops

Older/Safety Priority/Stay the Hell Off Ladders!

Reply to
Wade Garrett

Would renting a towable man lift be an option?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

The only advantage to a small ladder is it is easier to move. Over-reaching from a short ladder is dangerous. If a 12 footer doesn't make it impossible to get the ladder into place a 12 wpuld be even better - and you still have the 8 foot stepladder for those applications.

Reply to
Clare Snyder