Battery charger question

I have a Schumacher Speed Charge SC-7500A battery charger. I put it on my Mustang yesterday.

It keeps "locking up" with 88.8 displayed.

I can't find the manual. Anyone know what's happening?

Reply to
Mitch

Not even on their website? Many companies have them there.

88.8 sounds like testing the display (all segments lit). However, it shouldn't stay that way more than a couple of seconds on startup.

Are you sure it's connected right?

I don't have that model, but one battery charger I have refuses to work when the battery charge is too low.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Well, the manuals are here;

However, a search of "88" showed no finds. I would be inclined to believe the digital readout is stuck. Have you tried unplugging the unit a few times to see if it will clear the registers? It reminds of when you see digital readouts where the LED part has burned away; but yours are stuck in full readout. *8* being the full circle of LED's.

Tim

Reply to
Tim

One of these will be your manual

tnom

Ah, thanks.

No, the whole unit is locked up. You have to unplug it and plug it back in, then it resumes. It's up to 70% charge now.

I've used the charger several times before and never had this happen. I hope my battery isn't done for. I just spent $500 on a new alternator and another $100 on a new battery for my Explorer.

I usually put a battery tender on my Mustang in the Fall...just forgot this time. Funny, considering I washed it, filled it up, put fuel stabilizer in it....

Reply to
Mitch

replying to Mitch, Max wrote: Mitch, you had a sulfated battery. Its explained in the user manual. That's the code it will display in such a case

Reply to
Max