Will this battery charger work?

I have a DeWalt and Decker battery charger for cordless tools. It's rated for all DeWalt batteries from 7.2 to 14.4 volts. I have used it to charge both the 7.2v and 12v batteries from my tools. I just bought a 15.6v tool at an auction. It came with 2 batteries but no charger. The batteries plug into and fit in my charger, but they're about one volt more than the top rating of the charger. Is it possible to charge them? With the charger being lower in voltage I can't imagine how it could damage the battery, but I wonder if it will get the battery to full charge?

Anyone know?

Thanks

Reply to
letterman

Just read what you wrote.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Black and Decker is the cheaper stuff. I would definitely give it a shot. I can't imagine it fitting and charging! I had to modify the "keyed" battery from a B&D batt. to fit the DeWalt 9.6V charger I have and those are at least related.

Reply to
pheeh.zero

A 1.2v nicad is fully charged at 1.3- 1.35v. So you have 13, 1.2v cells in the 15.6v pack and need a charger that will put out 17.55 v, and that is what the batteries will need to be 100% charged, so check it with your meter.

Reply to
ransley