Bathtub shower door rail

I put in a shower door on our bathtub some time ago. Following the makers instructions, I attached the side rails by drilling through the tile on either side, then caulked the bottom rail to the bathtub.

Unfortunately, its the kids bathroom. It gets a lot of use, and that bottom rail gets flexed a lot. Twice it has separated from the caulking, leading to water seeping under the rail.

I believe the manufacturer's instructions to be flawed. The bottom rail appears to need more firm mechanical support to the bathtub. My thoughts have been: epoxy to the tub, or drill down into the tub through the rail and use self threading screws with sealant. The second scheme seems to be a bit more servicable.

Anyways, just wonder if anyone else had the same problem and what you did, and how that worked. Thanks.

Reply to
Scott Moore

Seems like sound advice, thank you.

Reply to
Scott Moore

replying to Scott Moore, Essentialaids wrote: You can use this type of grab rails for better installation, that fits easily on your bath tub.

Reply to
Essentialaids
15 years later, we finally have a solution. The kids mentioned have graduated college and mom and dad retired to Florida where they can shower outdoors.
Reply to
Bob G