Bathtub safety

As a senior, i would like to just soak in the tub occasionally, but find it very distressful getting out of the tub. i am alone. Now, I have some leverage on my left side, where 'bath fitters' installed a bar on the wall...but its the right side where i have no leverage at all. I know if i did, then there would be no problem. Can anyone suggest possibly installing a bar or something on the right side of the tub? Or know of something that i could put on the right side that would give me leverage? Thanks

Reply to
Joe

The only issue I see is locating studs to screw a suitable bar into. Is the wall tiled where a bar would go? If so, what's on the other side?

Reply to
trader_4

If you have a local medical supply store/outlet nearby, they may have what yoou need.

Would this work?

Installs and removes without tools or professional installation Can be installed at any angle Large suction cups provide an extremely strong hold Release levers make installing and removing the suction cup grab bars quick and easy Red/Green color indicators on top of the handle shows “safe secure” suction or to “re-affix” suction

Reply to
Oren

I wont, don't have a bath.

More fool you. Whats the point in wallowing in your own filth ?

Reply to
Rod Speed

I have suction type handles in shower and tub. They are OK but as any suction device will eventually have to be reattached. I wouldn't rely on them for full support.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Typical. Someone comes here with an on topic, legitimate AHR type question and the Ozzie asshole joins the thread to insult them instead of helping. And then he tries to tell us what's wrong in the world and sitting in Australia, he has the answers to all the world's problems. We recently got rid of one major asshole, unfortunately we gained another.

Reply to
trader_4

He had already got help with his question and I commented on Mickies 's point anyway.

You never could bullshit your way out of a wet paper bag.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I have thought and have removed this phrase

Reply to
Timothyacima