Bathroom wall coverings?

I've heard of Corian. What other products (brand names?) are there out there that imitate marble or granite?

I would like to buy large sheets of marble-like material and don't know what they are called and therefore where to find them. The home clubs (Home Depot, Lowe's) have nothing other than el-cheepo tileboard and pre-made tub surrounds. The pre-made stuff seems too plastic like and flimsy.

Product selections greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ivan Vegvary

Reply to
Ivan Vegvary

I would guess you are talking about products like Swanstone. It is called "solid surface panels. Good Stuff.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Look at the Wilsonart SSV for that application, it's a solid surface material, but in a thinner veneer thickness (~1/4" I think) and both cheaper and more suitable for the application than the thick stuff used for counters. I worked with a SSV type tub surround kit once (not positive if it was the Wilsonart one) and it was quite nice to work with and installed over the usual cement board backer it was satisfyingly solid (the kit included adhesive, trim pieces, soap dishes and instructions as well as the panels). Have a good shop vac handy when trimming the material with a router, the thin chips make a static clinging snow storm.

Reply to
Pete C.

I don't know the name either, but there is some stuff made that resembles marble that is not cheep. It may be called cultured marble. It is mixed up like epoxie glue and pored into forms. I had a shower made of it. Also had the bathroom sink made out of it. Not sure how large it can be made, but the shower has panels about 3 feet wide and 6 feet tall.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery