Bathroom makeover

Just looking for some advice on the best order to redo stuff in the bathroom. I am looking at a pretty major make-over, all new fixtures tub toilet vanity etc... I only have the one bathroom so time will be of the essence. What would be the best order to do things in to avoid any major problems? Any hints on stuff that may come up that a rookie like myself wouldn't expect?

Any help is appreciated.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

New tub too?? That alone means a complete tear down. New floor too?? I can see weeks and weeks of tile work, etc. before anything is ready to go back together.

You're gonna need a Porta Potty or a very considerate neighbor.

I suggest a much more detailed plan first...

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Uh, tub/shower goes in 2nd, right after the bare wood is replaced/reframed as needed. The backerboard or sheetrock overlaps the tub or shower enclosure, and the finish floor butts up to it. Toilet goes in pretty much LAST, since the finish floor goes under it, and it is awful hard to paint behind it. I recommend putting vanity over finish floor personally, so the inevitable floods don't instantly go into subfloor. And if you are putting in vinyl, it is one less thing to cut around.

If you only have the one can, forget about this as a DIY. Hire it out when you can get people off to visit relatives or to a motel for a couple 3 days.

aem sends...

Reply to
ameijers