bath tub

can I cut a steeel tub apart?? what should I use??

Reply to
ktm513

A steel cutting wheel on a grinder but why

Reply to
jim

Sure you could, done it a few times myself.

Reciprocating saw. I use Milwaukee sawzall bi-metal reciprocating blade. Also check out the Lenox titanium blade. That sucker can cut a car in half in something like a minuet of two - awesome!

Right angle grinder with a metal cutoff blade.

Portable bandsaw. This cuts much faster than the above two tools but its limited as to how wide you could cut.

Power shear - I have one but don't know if it could cut this thick of gauge. Also fast and clean.

Gas saw - I have a 14" gas saw but its dangerous (cutoff blade exploited in front of my face couple of times) and you couldn't use it indoors.

Gas torch - I need to get one.

Plasma cutter - another one I need to get.

Circular saw with a metal cutting blade or one of the special circular saw with two blades.

I'm sure others will come out with more suggestions.

I'll pick the reciprocating saw if I'm limited to one tool for this project.

Reply to
** Frank **

Yes, the Sawzall!

Wear complete eye protection and a dust mask at the least. Stuff happens...

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

SawzAll blades are available with carbide grit. Check Amazon.com. Should be lightning fast. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe