Bar sink problem

Ran into problem trying to fix pull down spray head from a AquaSource (Lowe's) bar sink faucet that was leaking. Turns out those small size heads aren't obtainable.

While trying to stem the leak a bigger problem surfaced. Apparently I had not properly secured the spray head feeder line. It had fallen back out of the faucet assembly into the sink cabinet.

The feed hole barely allows the braided supply line to enter the spout assembly. It will not feed to the end where the spray head could be attached. Limited access wipes out being able to use a fish tape. Am thinking of spraying the spout housing with silicone to reduce friction when feeding the supply line.

Could use some handy hints.

Reply to
Jim in TX

Wire pulling lube might work if you can find some for a reasonable price. The stuff I've used sort of looked like chicken fat but it was really slick.

Dawn dish detergent works in a pinch but it dries out so you're really screwed if there is a next time.

Reply to
rbowman

I have bungee cord material that does transit the spout. Guess I'll try using that sprayed with silicone and see what happens.

Reply to
Jim in TX

IDK what that means. The hose should feed out of a hole and have several feet to reach the spray head assembly. But it sounds like the problem is that the hose fell under the sink and you can't get it back up and through the escutcheon and/or hole.

How did the faucets and sink get put in? No access from below? If so, that's the core problem and it was designed for big trouble sooner or later.

Limited access wipes out being able to use a fish tape. Am thinking of spraying the spout housing with silicone to reduce friction when feeding the supply line.

Reply to
trader_4

No clue as to the installation, all existed when the house was purchased. Access from underneath is probably fair for someone younger with more dexterity. Likely the assembly could be removed, supply lines fed while on a workbench then all put back.

Reply to
Jim in TX

My mistake. I missed the part about "pull down spray head". I thought this was a separate sprayer that you pull up, which comes out of a hole in the sink. So going with this:

"The feed hole barely allows the braided supply line to enter the spout assembly. It will not feed to the end where the spray head could be attached. Limited access wipes out being able to use a fish tape. Am thinking of spraying the spout housing with silicone to reduce friction when feeding the supply line. "

I don't understand the limited access issue. It sounds like the disconnected hose for the pull down sprayer went back into the faucet assembly and fell out the bottom. And you're trying to feed it back up from underneath? In which case, what's the access problem with the fish tape or similar? Why can't you feed a fishtape or wire down from the top, tape the hose to it and try pulling it back up? Maybe I'm missing something here.

Reply to
trader_4

Buy REAL plumbing fixtures instead of chintzy Chinese made house brand crap

Reply to
Clare Snyder