automatic gate question

Our church has an old Stanley sliding security gate. It works well, but we would like to extend the effective range between the receiver on the gate and the portable transmitters from 170' to 300'. Is it possible? If so, what are some possible solutions? Thanks. Mike

Reply to
tenplay

Hi, Making the antenna longer and or higher?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

On 7/29/2008 6:41 PM Tony Hwang spake thus:

That might actually decrease the range, since the correct antenna size is linked to the frequency. But if you can experiment with antenna length and be able to put things back the way they were, might not hurt to try.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Beware of the dangers of an automatic gate. I heard a child scream, went out to investigate, and a young child was hiding while the gate opened onto the child's hand and crushed it. This was a larger gate, but the area where it opened was not protected from child access.

Reply to
Phisherman