Automated Window Closer

I have a sliding window in my bedroom that I would like to leave open at night and then have automatically close at around 5:00 or 6:00 when the morning traffic arrives.

I was thinking I would get some sort of timer mechanism connected to a relay or electromagnet with enough push power to close the window when the timer is set.

Any idea how I might do this? Or is there someone who possibly makes this?

Greg s

I'm not afraid of heights. I'm afraid of widths.

Reply to
Greg

I would get a garage door opener (screw drive) and attach it to the wall sideways. You will have to bolt the bracket that moves along the screw to the window. You can even set up the infrared eyes to the window frame, so if the cat is sitting up there it won't be crushed accidentally. Having all of that in place, it is a simple matter to set the stops correctly and adjust the closing pressure. Next you set up a timer to your relay which activates the closing of the window. In addition, you can open and close the window with the remote!

The real problem is going to be working this into the room decor somehow, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem, especially if your room is furnished in early industrial or modern warehouse design.

Good luck!

By the way, I happen to have an old garage door opener from a remodel job. I would be willing to sell it cheap, plus shipping.

Reply to
Robert Allison

then have automatically close at around 5:00 or 6:00 when the morning traffic arrives.

electromagnet with enough push power to close the window when the timer is set.

Well, the timer part is easy, any junk/electronic/consumer-goods store should have those timers that plug into a an outlet, for controlling lights, so all you really need is a cable and a motor that runs on house current. You do realise that the sound of the window-closer will wake you up anyway, right?

Reply to
Goedjn

I was thinking I would get some sort of timer mechanism connected to a relay or electromagnet with enough push power to close the window when the timer is set.

Any idea how I might do this? Or is there someone who possibly makes this?

I'm not afraid of heights. I'm afraid of widths.

If you have compressed air you could use a band cylinder with a 5 way solenoid connected to whatever timer you want. You will have to fabricate the brackets and should be able to mount it outside. Hopefully this window slides easily.....If you are interested I would be willing to spec something out for you....good luck, Ross

Reply to
Ross Mac

Use city water pressure and do it hydraulically.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Hey, I like it!!!......Ross

Reply to