Auto programming OTA channels when you have a Rotor ?

We have an antenna tower with a antenna rotor. How do I auto program the channels with the rotor in use ? Every time you start the programming, it wipes the previous channels.

I want to be able to set the antenna in one direction, Search ... Set the antenna in another direction, Search ... Etc ...

Anyone know how to make it do that ? Most of our TVs are Sony(s). Thanks

Reply to
sidwelle

Yes, but have you measured how much signal loss that you have at the splitter ? Try pulling out the splitter and connecting each antenna w/bullet and see if the reception changes/increase on any of the stations ?

Thanks for the input.

Reply to
sidwelle

You can't always have what you want.

Pick the best direction and add the other channels manually. That's why there is manual add and delete.

Reply to
micky

Ummm... Good luck with that. You may need to make a physical list of all the channels you get when autoprogramming in all directions. Then Autoprogram in the direction with the most stations. Manually add all the rest. PITA sorry. HTH Jon

Reply to
foster.jon.m

I'm not a fan of rotors so, if possible, I would think about pointing the existing antenna in a direction that picks up one or more channels, then adding a second antenna to pick up additional channels from another direction.

With multiple antennas combined, the TV's auto programming might actually work as expected.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

Making a physical list is exactly what I want to avoid !

Any other Ideas ? Thank you.

Reply to
sidwelle